Medical Management & Consulting ServicesHow we can help
Legal Nurse Consulting
At VP Medical Consulting, our Legal Nurse Consultants are registered nurse who utilizes their specialized training and expertise as health care providers to consult attorneys on medically related legal cases.
VP Medical Consulting’s Legal Nurse Consultants are trained to assist attorneys in interpreting medical records and understanding medical terminology and healthcare issues to achieve the best results for our clients. Since nurses have more hands on experience with medical records than any other healthcare provider and are well suited to provide critical analysis of health care facts and issues in such areas as medical malpractice, personal injury, product liability, workers’ compensation, and more; the benefits of having one of our skilled Legal Nurse Consultants, serving as a specialized member of a litigation team, are invaluable and can be critical to achieving a fair and just outcome for all parties.
- VP Medical Consulting’s Legal Nurse Consultants possess the following expertise:
- Medical Record Analysis
- Identify and locate medical records
- Review, interpret, summarize and translate medical records, hospital policies and procedures and other related medical documents
- Identify adherences to or deviations from the standard of care
- Case Support
- Analyze and define any medical issues in a case
- Analyze and verify research studies relied on by all parties
- Research like medical conditions in other legal cases
- Analyze and project future medical needs and costs
- Medical Liaison
- Interview plaintiff and defense clients, key witnesses and experts
- Consult with healthcare providers and other consultants, and service providers
- Attend Independent Medical Examinations (IMEs)
- Expert Testimony and Witness Preparation
- Identify types of experts needed to testify
- Locate, interview and secure potential expert witnesses
- Serve as an expert witness
- Discovery and Court Preparation
- Analyze and summarize depositions and past testimony
- Attend courtroom proceedings when relevant
- Produce detailed and demonstrative reports, summaries, charts and graphs
- Assist in resolution of cases through alternative dispute resolution, such as arbitration and mediation
If you or someone you know is in need of assistance with Legal Nurse Consulting, please use our Legal Nurse Consulting Referral Form to let us know about it.
VP Medical Services
Download Our Expert Bios
Please submit your contact information to download our expert bios.