Notice of Privacy Practices
Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW PERSONAL and MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY. This privacy notice describes our practices for safeguarding information about the individuals who apply for and/or are referred to VP Medical Consulting, LLC for services, including, but not limited to Medical Case Management, Legal Nurse Consulting, Life Care Planning and/or Ergonomic Assessments.
Protecting Your Privacy
We know the importance of an individual’s right to privacy so protecting your personal information is our priority. Our privacy and security policies and procedures are strictly enforced to ensure that the information we have about you is accessed only by authorized employees and/or agents of VP Medical Consulting, LLC and only as is required to render the services requested.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information to prevent unauthorized access to that information.
- Some examples of safeguards used include:
- Our Case Managers and administrative staff records are housed at a private office.
- The office is equipped with private telephones, fax, shredder, and locking filing system
- Office is key-Locked when staff is out of the office
- Computers are password protected for single user access
- Computers are shut down at close of business day and when assigned user is out of the office
How We Obtain Information
We get most our information directly from you or your authorized representative. If additional information is needed, we may, with your signed authorization (or an authorization signed by your Guardian or Proxy), collect it from the
- following sources:
- Family members
- Medical Records
- Other Medical Personnel
- Your Employer
- Insurance Carriers
- Claims Adjusters
- Claims Data
The information we may request and collect depends on the purpose for which you were referred and/or for the services for which you have contracted and consented to use. Information will, at the least, include your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, and social security number. Additional information may be collected regarding your health status, medical history, medical care services utilization, education, vocation, financial status, environmental situation, family support system, and social situation.
Disclosing/Sharing of Information
VP Medical Consulting, LLC does not sell or provide your personal information to any person or business whose purpose is to sell products or services to you. We do not disclose any “nonpublic” personal information to anyone, except as authorized by you in writing or as permitted and/or commanded by law.
We may disclose any information we collect when we believe it is necessary for us to conduct our business on your behalf and/or on behalf of the referral source and/or where disclosure is permitted and/or required by law.
- Information may be disclosed to the following:
- Anyone to whom you have authorized us to disclose information
- Health Insurance Carrier: their authorized employees, agents, representatives, and business associates as required for your claim.
- Service Providers: Companies engaged to perform services on our behalf (providers such as Home Health, Medical Equipment, Orthotics/Prosthetics, Therapists, Pharmacies, etc.) to effect, administer, or enforce a service that is prescribed by your physician(s), recommended by us, requested by you, and/or approved by your health care payer.
- Physicians: when you are engaged in our services of Medical Management or Life Care Planning.
- Prospective Providers of Services and/or Financial Assistance Programs
- Employer: Worker’s Compensation Claims cases and/or when Educational and Vocational interventions are requested and/or required.
- Legal Guardian, Proxy, designated family member, or significant other designee
Other disclosures may be made only with your authorization, which may be revoked at any time by written request to us. Any person or entity with which we share information will be expected to maintain like standards of privacy and confidentiality that are required of our own employees, agents, representatives, and business associates.
Access to your Information
You may request copies of documents in our files that we have received and/or prepared related to the services we have provided at the request of the referral source. Submit a written request for the documents you wish to access to the referral source and copy us. We will release the requested documents upon receipt of written approval from the referral source.
Accuracy of Information
We strive to keep our records updated and accurate. If you believe we have misinformation, you should notify us immediately and in writing. If we agree with your findings, we will make the appropriate corrections. If we do not agree, you may submit a short statement of dispute, which we will be included in any future disclosures of information.
For information, complaints or reporting a suspected violation please contact our Privacy Officer:
By Phone: 1-501-778-3378
VP Medical Consulting, LLC
1201 Military Road, Ste. 2 Box 214
Benton, AR 72015
VP Medical Services
Download Our Expert Bios
Please submit your contact information to download our expert bios.